Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tinomok


This dish was a hit to my siblings.  It's probably the hunger generating spicyness and nostalgia-inducing coconut milk.  It's called Tinomok, a bit like laing, only better, according to Gerry's Grill's website.  I know laing but it was the first time I heard of Tinomok.  It's a Bicol delicacy, and according to my brother, it's chicken wrapped in gabi leaves and cooked in coconut milk.  I believe it's basically the same as the Ilonggo's Pangat, but instead of chicken, pork or dried fish (usually labahita) is used.



Linking to Food Friday and Food Trip Friday

12 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Very unusual to me. I love to try new things.

Oggi said...

Looks so rich, yummy, and drool worthy. I must look for a recipe ASAP!

Jessica said...

I never try it Sis but sounds like a delish food to try. Visiting from Food trip Friday, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.kandhistools.com/my-tenderloin-steak/

i♥pinkc00kies said...

my parents love it, together with bicol express haha

Tetcha said...

That Tinomok is so wonderfully presented! I'd love to try that!

Vhen said...

instead of fish its chicken.. that's yummy! anything with coconut milk to me hehehe lalo na pag spicy :)

http://thelayugan.blogspot.com/2012/01/mangga-with-alamang.html

Joy Calipes-Felizardo said...

I've heard of Tinomok but have never tried it. will a resto that serves and we'll see. thanks for sharing!
My FTF: http://www.gastronomybyjoy.com/2012/01/is-that-upside-down-house-pan-de.html

Dhemz said...

it looks appetizing...I've never heard about this dish before...yum!

Kim, USA said...

The name doesn't sound nice but I know how good this is. Just by the coconut milk naku po hot rice please!!

Ginisang Talong

anne said...

Wow this is totally new to me. Mine is up and its here thanks Sahm’s Dining Diary

maiylah said...

that looks like it's going to be a hit with me and my siblings (nope, not hubby and my kids, lol), too! haven't tried Gerry's Grill yet, but meaning to...one of these days! :)

appreciate much your sharing over at Food Friday, LM

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Firt time to heard, Tinomok. :)