Friday, August 26, 2011

Callos ala Monserat

@ mirandablue

I planned of cooking callos on Sunday--I had been craving for it the past few days.  I had all the ingredients ready. Unfortunately, I woke up late on Sunday morning and my mother was already cooking for lunch while I was making coffee.  I am a firm believer of  "too may cooks spoil the broth" so I let her be. This is my mom's version of callos---and her name is Monserat.  She added the bacon but not the Chinese sausage which she claimed she didn't notice in the chiller.  I know she prefers Chorizo de Bilbao. My mother, a stickler to her own cooking style, didn't add white wine, either.  The result was still callos...it was missing the flavors that I craved for, but I couldn't complain, could I?:p

Callos is a stew of ox tripe, sausage and chickpeas.


Join us at Food Friday

4 comments:

maiylah said...

yup, no need to complain...that looks delicious! :D

thanks for playing again, LM
enjoy the rest of the week!

Ebie said...

Hehehe, iba ang callos ko, walang tripe, pero subukan kong lagyan ng wine.

Oggi said...

It still looks good though..I'll eat it.:)

Gene said...

I haven't tried callos. It looks delicious though. I'll make sure to try this next time, given the chance.

Visiting via food friday.