Friday, August 12, 2011

Batchoy craving

@ mirandablue
La Paz Batchoy from Ted's Oldtimer La Paz Batchoy
Blame it on memory gap.  I couldn't remember if this was Extra Super Batchoy or the variant Beef Batchoy.  But I remember it was über delicious!:p

I've been hankering for La Paz batchoy since the typhoons and monsoon rains started.  Batchoy is my ultimate comfort food---it's a hearty bowl of hot, feel-good soup and nostalgia.   It is a quintessential Ilonggo dish as sisig to the  Kapampangans. Growing up in Negros, we had batchoy any time of the day, in all kinds of weather.  Unlimited servings of kaldo (soup), chicharon bits and crunchy garlic were free then.


Join us at Food Friday

8 comments:

maiylah said...

that looks gooooood! ako rin, gusto ko yan kahit anong weather. :)

mymy said...

pwede pahinge? :P
haven't tried that resto yet...masubukan nga!

Oggi said...

OMG that looks sooo delicious. I miss batchoy; I'll drool na lang staring at your photo. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Ang sarap! I miss that one, I always ask for extra chicharon :) Thanks so much for dropping by Sassy Chef Recipes and Reviews!♥

i♥pinkc00kies said...

looks yummy if rainy weather! :P

Kim, USA said...

Oh my I wish I could have this now. Yumm!!

Grapes

Angi said...

wow! it's perfect for us here on a rainy saturday.

lina@engagement rings said...

Aww...I'm hungry already :D