Saturday, November 5, 2011

Yellow Cosmos


Yellow Cosmos (Cosmos sulphureus) is a perennial and native of Central America that grows abundantly in the Philippines.  A relative of sunflowers, asters and daisies, it blooms over tall, feathery foliage all summer long.  Cosmos attracts birds and butterflies, including the Monarch butterfly.  It has anti-malarial and anti-inflammatory properties.


Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. ~ Joseph Addison


Celebrate life with flowers at Macro Flowers Saturday and Today's Flowers


12 comments:

Maia said...

Very pretty and you captured its beauty very well.
Beautiful macro shots.

Joyful said...

So pretty.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

lovely, we have pink ones in my church garden.

Jama said...

I love these flowers, so pretty!

Modern Mom said...

Lovely macros!

Pink Hibiscus

Indrani said...

Wow! The yellow so pleasing.

Francisca said...

Yay, your yellow flower is sooo pretty, and your photos of it are lovely. Can't recall noticing it, though, and that puzzles me... Yellow Cosmos is nice name, too.

[I added another photo to my post to show the fruit of the kamias (I forgot I had it!) And isn't the Today's Flower linky you linked to from last week?]

queen of rainbow said...

i like the color of this flower, great shot!

thanks for dropping by and the comment :)

Lui said...

I almost featured the same flowers this week (I took two shots of flowers) and it is really pretty! Maybe I'll feature mine next week.

Anonymous said...

Nice post thanks for sharing...God bless you

Wandering Thought said...

Such a beautiful and cheery yellow cosmos to see today..

Admin said...

such a lovely flower! have it sometimes in our garden but now its gone due to winter..

miss all these memes..

me and my blogs are visiting you today! have a lovely week!
Travel Euroasia
Europe Travel Pad
Countryside Trip