Thursday, November 17, 2011

My sweet camote


You can always tell when I'm on diet--I got a hungry look on my face.:p  Recently, a friend told me that camote (sweet potato) is a good substitute for rice so I bought a kilo to try it out.  But boiled camote and sinigang na baboy?    It's a weird combination.  Grilled fish and boiled camote---they just don't taste good together.  I ended up eating boiled camote with my coffee, and my nephew said he feels sorry for me!   So I mashed it (with feelings :p), added some condensed milk and grated cheese on top and chilled it.  It was a hit!


Join us at Food Friday

9 comments:

maiylah said...

ganda ng shot, LM! love the colors!
...haha, nauna pa ung comment about the shot kesa sa food. but really, your sweet camote recipe sounds promising, specially with my kids who doesn't like eating boiled camote. lol.
dun sa province we used to eat boiled camote with just about anything: lechon, buwad (lol, yup!), or with any other leftovers! my sons (and even hubby, sometimes, lol) thinks it's weird....nakakamiss. :)

thanks much for sharing over at Food Friday, LM
have a great day!

Cherry said...

pahinge!!! ;)
hope you can drop by and join my giveaway. ;)

Mika said...

Wow naman ang gara ng pagkakagawa :) They use to have those whenever I go to a small town fiesta and I get a lot of them :)

Dexie said...

That sounds yummy actually. perfect for Thanksgiving too :)

Jocelyn said...

looks yummy! :)

Jay-agent112778 said...

boiled camote plus tomato-based (menudo, caldereta) stews is good.

heres my entry

Mirage said...

the more you eat camote, the more you....nevermind....looks so good with all the cheese on top! clever!

Oggi said...

I agree with Dexie, perfect for Thanksgiving minus the condensed milk. I'm going to candy some and serve with turducken. I love the condensed milk and cheese though for dessert or snack.

mymy said...

i love eating camote! :)