Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Midweek Blues: The Last Supper

@ mirandablue
As part of the Holy Week tradition, carriages were paraded around town in the late afternoon of Maundy Thursday and Good Friday (April 21st and 22nd) to commemorate and enact the Passion of Jesus.  This carriage was carrying carved images of Jesus and his apostles depicting The Last Supper.  This was part of the procession of the Roman Catholics on Good Friday at my mother's hometown of Valladolid in Negros Occidental.


Linked to Midweek Blues

5 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, I didn't realize this was life size til I noticed the people's heads silhouetted around it.

Anonymous said...

Interesting carvings with bright vibrant colors.

Christie describeHappy said...

That's incredible! I also really like the anme of your blog... very good advice!! Found you through Midweek Blues :)

Unknown said...

Wow!I am speechless!

Dianne said...

the world is indeed a small place
all the churches in my childhood neighborhood in NYC do the exact same thing on Good Friday

beautiful photo