Tuesday, May 22, 2012

S/ABC Wednesday


S is for silhouettes and a shimmer of colors at sunset.  A serene moment at the beach at twilight when the light becomes a soft glow and the sky is dappled with shadows.  When everything is silent as if nature is holding its breath just as I hold mine.  And the only sound is the gentle lapping of the waves that blends into the stillness inside me.   I cherish moments of solitude---its soothing silence is my refuge and source of strength.

"Silent solitude makes true speech possible and personal.  If I am not in touch with my own belovedness, then I cannot touch the sacredness of others.  If I am estranged from myself, I am likewise a stranger to others." ~ Brennan Manning


Linking to Mrs. Nesbitt's ABC Wednesday


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the post, both images and the text.

photowannabe said...

Simply beautiful.
I love the Soothing Silence of the Sunsets.

Leslie: said...

Stunning shots - I'm particularly fond of sunsets!

Leslie
abcw team

Roger Owen Green said...

great SKIES, but esp the first one
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Linnea said...

Spectacular scenes and love your thoughts!

Black Jack's Carol said...

I too especially loved that first photograph with the children silhouetted!

MoM from Manila said...

love the silhouette shot...

hope you can check how i love strawberries