Thursday, December 20, 2012

Yellow Hibiscus

I have been stalking my mother's hibiscus since the first bud started to show in late November.  Because the buds were in peach, I was expecting a peach-colored hibiscus.


I was pleasantly surprised when it bloomed into a lovely shade of lemon yellow. 


“Would you like to know your future?
If your answer is yes, think again.
Not knowing is the greatest life motivator.
So enjoy, endure, survive each moment as it comes to you in its proper sequence---
a surprise.” ~ Vera Nazarian

 “One of the most beneficial and valuable gifts we can give to ourselves in this life: is allowing ourselves to be surprised! It is okay if life surprises you. Its a good thing!” 
~ C. JoyBell C.


 


15 comments:

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Wonderful shots of these beautiful flowers. Thank you joining Floral Friday Fotos!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful surprise! Both the buds and the flowers are lovely.

joy said...

Beautiful words and flower pictures. Love them!

Jannibele said...

Beautiful Hibiscus that brings back memories from Thailand. Thanks for Word of wisdom

Jama said...

pretty hibiscus.

Angelika Poe said...

wow, those are gorgeous colors that the eye does very well...

kulasa said...

so beautiful!!! and the way you captured those petals from being buds and then into such lovely huge flowers is wonderful...I love your header so much too :)

Fitness Buff said...

These are lovely!

eastcoastlife said...

Lovely surprise! I prefer the hibiscus in peach though.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Luna!

Unknown said...

Oooh, I love the peach colored ones... I'll trade you some for the chocolate mendiants :-)

Winnie said...

Gorgeous flower, and your photos are stunning!!

Laerte Pupo said...

Beautiful hibiscus.

Modern Mom said...

Peach is one of my favorite colors, but I love yellow too. Hope you'll find time to visit my Cat Whiskers.

DeniseinVA said...

They are delightful, just gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing them :)

lina@womens perspectives said...

What a lovely surprise :)
Admire your shots, Luna.
Happy holidays!