Monday, December 31, 2012

Reminiscing

I made this collage years ago, before I knew about PhotoShop and other editing softwares.  These were my early attempts at shooting flowers.  The pink and white lilies were taken at the Rockefeller Center, the vibrant yellow flowers  at Central Park, both in NYC.  The red and purple flowers were taken in London---at the Buckingham Palace garden and outside a restaurant called Blue Door Bistro.

I haven't done much traveling this year, and I miss it.  I miss the adventure, the sense of wonder in seeing something new, strange and wonderful.  Looking forward to new experiences in 2013.

 
Thank you to the fine ladies who host these two wonderful memes.  And to blogging friends who visited and continue to visit this page, my heartfelt 'thank you'.  May the New Year bring us joy, good health, prosperity and new adventures!


10 comments:

ilovepink1078 said...

Great capture!! Love it very interesting. Thanks for sharing

Have a prosperous New Year!

Mapeh Homepage
pinkgpgreen

lina@home sweet home said...

They are gorgeous flowers, Luna. Perfectly captured!

Thanks for dropping by.
Hope your wish comes true next year!

Carver said...

I love your flower collage. Very beautiful.

Hootin Anni said...

I must say....without knowing the software available out there...you did one super job making the collage. And such beautiful images.

my mellow yellows: Sunrise

carol l mckenna said...

Very beautiful photos and well captured ~ ^_^

(A Creative Harbor aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^)

SmilingSally said...

Hi Luna,

Thanks for sharing your blue flowers. I enjoyed my traveling days too, but now I'm content to remember.

Happy New Year and Happy Blue Monday!

Karen said...

A great mosaic and a perfect shot for Blue Monday! Happy New Year!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Lovely flowers the flowers at the gardens around Buckingham Palace makes me want to pack my bags.
Happy New Year.
Denise

Hazel said...

The yellows are very striking. Or maybe because they are positioned significantly in your collage. Anyway, happy new year!

Liz said...

Beautiful pics Luna. Happy New Year!

Rainbow Roll