Tuesday, December 18, 2012

W/ABC Wednesday

A logo of the W High Street Building

W High Street is a sky-scraper at the corner of 28th Street and 11th Avenue in Bonifacio Global City, right beside Bonifacio High Street, an al fresco mall.

I have walked past this building countless of times when I jog/brisk walk around High Street.  And I had been curious about a crowd of well-dressed young people waiting in line at the lobby on some nights.  I would have checked it out but my well-worn running shoes seem out of place.  A wandering night-owl told me recently that there is a lounge bar at the roof-deck of W High Street called Skye, a popular bar in the Manila club scene.  The building itself, in terms of design, is unremarkable.  But I tend to wobble around the corner of this building when I see sleek cars in the Lamborghini and Audi showrooms---they make me whistle under my breath.  Well, a Lamborghini is not exactly in my wish list [driving a Lamborghini around here is reprehensible, in my opinion] but makes me wonder if there is really such a thing as a winning streak.:p


Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” ~ Epictetus

Linking to ABC Wednesday

9 comments:

Photo Cache said...

I really like that quote about wealth. Happy Holidays.

Roger Owen Green said...

love the contrast between sign and base
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Carver said...

Wonderful quote and a great post for W.

carol l mckenna said...

Creative photo for W ~ love the color too.

(A Creative Harbor) ~ aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

Thanks for coming by

MaR said...

Way to do it! love that W and the quote. Happy Holidays!

w is for..

Leslie: said...

Wow! Great post!

Leslie
abcw team

Hazel said...

winning streak - makes me wonder too. I like sky dining, although not that keen on clubbing.

Gerald (SK14) said...

well now a real W building

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow, Lamborghini? Must have been a club for people with a lot of moolah!

Wedding
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team
Happy Holidays!