Friday, December 7, 2012

Bletia lilacina

Bletia is a genus of about 30 species of orchids (family Orchidaceae), almost all of which are terrestrial. It is named after Spanish botanist and pharmacist Don Luis Blet. The genus is distributed from Florida south to Brazil.

These were taken at the garden in BHS-Central.
I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men. ~Lao  Tze

 Linking to Floral Friday Fotos


16 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful orchid! I love the colour!

Ingmarie We said...

A very special orchid. Lovely colour.

Anonymous said...

Beauty.

daily athens photo

DeniseinVA said...

These are gorgeous, so striking on the dark background. Thanks for being such a great supporter of Today's Flowers, and have a great week :)

NatureFootstep said...

this is a flower I could give to my daughter. She loves that color and orchids too. :)

DeniseinVA said...

I am back again Luna, Mr. Linky is now up and running. I had a 30 day free trial and did not realize it had run out already. I have taken the liberty of adding your link. Hope that is okay.

Carver said...

I love the color. Beautiful flowers.

Winnie said...

This orchid is gorgeous !
Love the color

Laerte Pupo said...

Lovely orchid.
I did not know this species.

Carletta said...

That last shot is stunning of the lovely orchids! I like the stark background.

lotusleaf said...

Beautiful orchid. Lao Tze's quote is very good.

Modern Mom said...

Lovely orchids.

Lily

Self Sagacity said...

So that is the name of this flower. It looks like one of the orchids.

Arija said...

Such a pretty and prolifically flowering orchid.

lina@womens perspectives said...

Perfect captures, Luna. Gorgeous color!

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous orchids, and wonderful quote.