Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pink-striped Trumpet Lily


 Lirio, Pink-striped Trumpet Lily, Crinum Latifolium L.

I have posted this flower before but I left that pot to my old neighbor when I moved to this townhouse last year.  This is a new pot of Lirio given by my new neighbor who suddenly got sick and had to move in with his married son.  She left a few of her flowers with me, and these flowers remind me of her cheerful smiles.

These are the first buds of the pink-striped Lirio.

Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love.  Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.  ~ Elie Wiesel


It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" ~ A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh




 

17 comments:

Carole M. said...

how beautiful, the lily

Helen said...

Liles never fail to captivate me with their heart touching beauty.. And this one with the pink strips, is simnply outsatnding.. Loved it a lot.. Recently when I was exploring some of the online florist to buy exotic flowers online, I found a blue stripped lily at Floworldonline, but this pink one is even more charming..!

NatureFootstep said...

very distinctive stripes on this lily. Gorgeous. :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love those stripes.

CathyC said...

So very pretty ;-) the Lily is one of my favourite flowers - this one is gorgeous ;-) thanks for leaving a comment on my blog
visiting from FFF
http://anentreeincolour.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/floral-friday-fotos-fff58.html

Jannibele said...

Lovely cousine:) Never seen that lily before.

Carver said...

The lily variety is very beautiful and well photographed.

Liz said...

Love the soft pink color of this lily. Happy New Year!

Duranta Erecta

Minoru Saito said...

Wow! Pink stripe lilies are very rare. Your photos are very beautiful.
Wishing you a happy new year.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics! Happy New Year!

Indrani said...

Lovely shots! I like how you presented them.

lina@womens perspectives said...

Very pretty. I guess it's my first time to see this kind of lily.
Happy New Year, Luna :)

Laerte Pupo said...

Beautiful lily! Happy New Year!

DeniseinVA said...

Marvelous Luna! Thanks so much for sharing and for being our Guest Friend Today. Those flowers are also beautiful! I would also like to wish you a Happy New Year :)

Judy said...

Wonderful blossoms! I have never seen a lily with stripes quite like these!!

Valerie said...

A beautiful series of captures and I like the statements too (I need to heed the warning about using long words!!)

florist said...

The pink striped trumpet lily shown by you is beautiful and it is wonderful to see the amazing flower