Monday, May 28, 2012

Valenciana/Mellow Yellow Monday


A bowl of Arroz ala Valenciana  my brother cooked.   The glutinous rice turned yellow from turmeric.  Looks good, right?  It tasted even better.:p

Arroz ala Valenciana is a Spanish dish popular in the Philippines.  The dish consists of glutinous rice cooked in turmeric; the rest of the ingredients such as chicken, Chorizo de Bilbao, pork, chicken liver, green peas or garbanzos are sauteed in garlic and onion.  Garnish with bell pepper and raisins.

10 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

It not only looks good, it looks delicious! :)

lina@home sweet home said...

Looks so good and colorful. Makes me hungry, Luna.
Thanks for dropping by :)

JunieRose2005 said...

That food looks delicious!! My daughter-in-law, Joy, is from the Philippines! I'm sure she knows this dish! I'm gonna ask her to make it for us! :)

We all love Joy. She and my son just had a baby boy less than a month ago!
He's precious and beautiful! (My 5th grandchild-but my other 4 are grown now- so this baby is something very special to us!)

Junie

Liz said...

Sarap! Have a fabulous week.

Liz @ MLC

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looks sumptuous!

Leah H. said...

That's yummy..I had tried it before when I was in Philippines:)

Visiting for MYM- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/05/feel-beautiful-and-young-with-eclosbeauty.html

Marlene said...

I don't remember the last time I had VAlencia. Nakakagutom! Ang sarap tingnan kasi.

Oggi said...

I love the color and it looks delicious. The photo makes me want to cook a small batch this weekend.

Colors of Timeless said...

Wow wonderful and delicious- i'm soooooo hungry. Have a nice week :-)

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Looks delicious. Turmeric is supposed to be very healthful.