Monday, May 21, 2012

A night at the CCP/MYM



Outside the CCP one Saturday night...admiring the fountain and lights.
The Cultural Center of the Philippines along Roxas Boulevard in Manila, was created in 1966, and was formally inaugurated on September 8, 1969.  It has 4 resident dance companies including the Ballet Philippines, Tanghalang Pilipino, the resident theater company, while music is represented by the Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra, the UST  Symphony Orchestra, the Philippine Madrigal Singers and the National Music Competitions for Young Artists Foundation.  The building was designed by National Artist for Architecture Leandro Locsin.

 Join the fun @ Mellow Yellow Monday

7 comments:

Jim said...

Golden great.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Kim, USA said...

Been there once I think. I heard about stories when they built these building. But the photos is very opposite of what I read and heard ^)^. Great shot Luna and thanks for the visit.

Kim,USA

Liz said...

Beautiful capture. That fountain never fails to entice me every time I pass by Roxas Blvd.

Have a fabulous week.

Liz @ MLC

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, my, that is beautiful! So very nice!

Marites said...

my..this is one shot i really want to do with the CCP! very nice!

lina@home sweet home said...

I can sit there for hours :)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

great, very high class.