Monday, May 7, 2012

Fruits in season/MYM


It's amazing how many delicious fruits are in season on this very hot and humid weather.  It is the genius of nature that summer brings  us lots of fruits to keep us hydrated.  Fruits are rich in antioxidants, which help protect the skin from harmful, oxidating effects of the sun.  Sineguelas (Spanish plum), watermelon, macopa, duhat (black plum), Indian mango, durian are abundant in the market, but these two are my favorite---mango and pineapple.  Mango is a mainstay in my fruit tray.  Bought some sweet pineapple, green and ripe mangoes a few days ago...the green ones are now perfect with bagoong (shrimp paste); the ripe ones were eaten fresh, made into a smoothie and ice candy.


8 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Ah, yes, yummy snacks, too. :)

raf said...

Perfectly mellow, yellow! Love those mangos and the durian best.

Liz said...

Yum! Have a fabulous week.

My MYM:
Liz @ MLC
Liz @ YACB

lina@home sweet home said...

Love mangoes too :)

Beyond Wandering said...

I love mangoes! Pineapple is something I hesitate since I always ran into sour one.

Unknown said...

The fruits look so tempting! Getting hungry here:)

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

I love seasonal fresh fruit and these do look delicious, Miranda!

Eden said...

I love our Philippine mangoes.Miss it already.