Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Q/ABC Wednesday

Q is for Quesadilla

This was an afternoon snack I shared with a girlfriend at  Agave, a Mexican cantina,  a couple of weeks ago.  Quesadilla was first concocted in Mexico, and the name was derived from the Spanish word queso (cheese).  It is made of flour or corn tortilla filled with savory mixture containing cheese and other ingredients such as cooked meat, refried beans, avocado,  other vegetables may be added.  The filled tortilla is then toasted or fried, usually until the cheese is melted, folded in half to form a half-moon shape.   Crisp on the outside, stuffed on the inside with Mexican cheese and Ranchero sauce.  Served with sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo.  Yummy!

 Linking to ABC Wednesday

12 comments:

Carver said...

I love those so your post is making me hungry. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Anonymous said...

i love these. i used to make them at home for dinner, my version of ham and cheese quesadilla with salsa and beer. tsalap.

Leslie: said...

I love quesadillas and order them freQuently when out at a restaurant.

Leslie
abcw team

Reader Wil said...

Great Q! It looks quite yummy.
Have a great week!
Wil, ABC Team.

Roger Owen Green said...

love these - looks delish
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Anonymous said...

my kids love eating these.


don quixote limerick

photowannabe said...

When I'm hungry and don't know what else to eat, I usually fix a Quesadilla
Its a yummy and satisfying snack or meal.

Jane and Chris said...

I could lick the screen!!!
Jane x

Chubskulit Rose said...

One of hubby's favorite mexican dishes.

Thanks for taking the Dementia Quiz
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

MaR said...

Quite delicious!! I love quesadillas!

q is for...

Annie said...

I love quesadillas too - a great choice for letter Q week!

EJ said...

Makes me drool!

Q is for...
Have a beautiful day.