Thursday, June 14, 2012

Breakfast of Champions

sauteed corned beef with potatoes

I don't know about you but I am always hungry when I'm on vacation, especially at the beach.  I have always been a late riser that breakfast is either rushed or skipped.  But when I'm on vacation, I look forward to late, slow and heavy breakfast to get me going.

This was our breakfast when my friends and I were in Subic recently.  We had a 7-year old bodyguard---the corned beef omelet and Spam were prepared for her.  The fried tuyo was a special request by yours truly. Since mom's elevated BP in December, there has been a total ban on all kinds of dried fish at home as well as bagoong, and fish sauce---my mom's favorite side dishes.  

These were the answers to my salt craving.

   

Still smacking my lips thinking about fried tuyo dipped in spicy vinegar, fried rice and brewed coffee.  I know I should stay away from salty foods, and I am really trying.:p

the main attraction!


Linking to Food Friday and Food Trip Friday

14 comments:

Oggi said...

My goodness, my kind of breakfast...heavenly!:)

i♥pinkc00kies said...

corned beef!! love it :)

Dude for Food said...

Now that's breakfast! Nice!

Pinoy Kitchenette said...

With breakfast as big and yum as this ~ you just made my day! :) sarap.... plus a cup of coffee for me pls.

Dexie said...

My gosh, I want some.... *DROOLS*

Photo Cache said...

corned beef hash is good, love it, except its way too greasy when they fix it at the diner.

i love spam and fried eggs with garlic rice for breakfast,.

anne said...

I got to eat my breakfast now your bulad is too tempting I am officially drooling lol mine is up and its here thanks Sahms Dining Diary

Iska said...

Tuyo! I just have to have this once in a while...

bonz said...

what a heavy breakfast! :) that's my kind of breakfast too!
you're making me feel my hunger now. ;)

Rovie said...

So yummy! I'm drooling right here... A perfect breakfast for me...

emz said...

these all look so yummy! specially the dried fish. =) thanks for the visit!

by the way.. mcdo here in US is totally different. its not like in Phil that has a taste of pinoy. thats why i said first taste of american food because its cooked by americans. hehe. ;)

maiylah said...

looks like am not the only one who LOVES tuyo! lol. am so sure ang daming rice makakain ko if my breakfast's like that!

thanks much for sharing over at Food Friday, LM

Jessica Cassidy said...

yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and am droolinggggggggggggggggggggggggg to the max :-) Dropping by from FTF.

Tetcha said...

What a wonderful breakfast! I'm craving for tuyo right now.