Friday, July 29, 2011

Ground Beef Torta/Frittata

@ mirandablue
Bought half a kilo of ground beef for a pasta dish that I planned to cook for the weekend.  But I got lazy (not surprising :p), and forgot about the ground beef 'till my mother discovered it while stacking some old bread in the freezer. And look what she made---*drum roll* ground beef torta (or frittata), my favorite, made more delicious with sweet chili sauce.


Its got a mixture of diced potatoes, carrots, corn kernels, green peas, red bell pepper, raisins, flour and eggs. Salt and pepper to taste.

I'm linking to Maiylah's Food Friday.

12 comments:

Mirage said...

Genius! I always have the usual tomato and basil for torta! Now I can put in more, thank your mom for me! ;)

Unknown said...

i love that! so yummy!

happy FF!

http://vhen.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-heart-shakeys.html

hope you can drop by too, thanks!

Unknown said...

will do, G.:p

i♥pinkc00kies said...

so yummy :D

Heather S-G said...

This sounds very tasty!! And looks pretty, too :D

maiylah said...

yummmm, perfect with that sweet chili sauce! kulang nalang rice... :)

Kim, USA said...

This looks really yummy!!

Adobong squid

mymy said...

all in one dish! love that!
siguradong masarap 'to...
nakakagutom! lol

cheerful said...

looks really delicious...my kids will definitely love this. thanks for sharing, you made me miss my mom. :) visiting from FF, have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

This would make a hearty breakfast! Yum! :)


Please check my post for this week: Gardenia Plant Tour and Interesting Snacks You Can Make

Maan said...

Looks yummy even though I don't really eat eggs. But with sweet chili sauce, maybe I could give it a try and I won't taste the egg anymore. :)

imriz2 said...

aw, my version would pale in comparison, because if i do try to add more veggies the kids will frown. i guess, i could make separate dish for me and the hubs only.
panalo!