Tuesday, April 10, 2012

M/ABC Wednesday


M is for Mime Artist

A mime artist is someone who uses mime as a theatrical medium by acting out a story through body motions, without use of speech.  Mime is also a popular art form in street theater and busking, a practice of performing in public places for gratuities. Captured these mime artists at Eastwood Mall last year.  I think it takes a lot of discipline to be in this line of work.  I'd be itching all over if I have to stay still for 15 minutes.:p



Linking to ABC Wednesday

17 comments:

Carver said...

Mime is a great idea for M day. I like your photo. Carver, ABC Wednesday Team

Jane and Chris said...

I have been to a play in mime..it was fabulous.
Jane x

VioletSky said...

it must be a very disciplined art!

EG CameraGirl said...

For sure I would not be able to stay still for 15 minutes!

Reader Wil said...

A great choice for M! I also admire mime artists. Have a great week!

Wil, ABC Wednesday Team.

Leslie: said...

They really are fascinating to watch. The first one I ever saw was in Avignone, France. He was all silver and everyone was gathered around just waiting for someone to drop a coin in...and when they did, it was so much fun!

Leslie
abcw team

Jama said...

For a second I thought there were statues!

Roger Owen Green said...

ain't MESSIN' with those dudes!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Rajesh said...

Nice shots of mime artists.

magiceye said...

these are fantastic!

Gordon said...

Great "M". I have seen similar street mime performers; quite an art form.

chubskulit said...

A new word I learn this week!

Little MISSES
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Mar said...

I love mimes!! magnificent take on the letter M.
Happy week ahead.

Hazel said...

I always mistake them for statues :D

Mrs.D said...

how cool! I've seen them everywhere....:)

bluegrassnotes said...

Nice one for "M"!

NixBlog said...

Great shots! I like the green soldier...